Master Certified Casting Instructor
Capt. Pete has been an avid fly fisher from 7 years old until this day. Raised in the Berkshire Mts. of western Mass., he fished all local waters and traveled extensively throughout New England and the north east. As a member of the board of directors of the Conn. Fly Fishermen’s Assoc., he met and fished with many well know anglers including John Veniard, Art Flick, Gary LaFontaine, Harry Darby and Vincent Marinaro. Pete is currently the past-president of the Florida Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers.
After moving to Sarasota in 1974, he began a guide service in Sarasota, the Everglades, Homosassa, and the Florida Keys. His home waters on the southwest coast of Florida produce many species highly regarded by fly fishers including tarpon, snook, redfish, cobia and more. Pete’s passion for fun fly fishing means he is always ready with the best equipment and safety gear. He hasn’t lost anyone in years.
He has traveled to fish throughout North America, the Bahamas, Scotland, and North Ireland. His skills as a fly fisher and guide brought articles in almost every national magazine, and in many newspapers throughout the country.
- Started “Sarasota Saltwater” television show
- A principle founder of Sarasota FCA
- Founder of Mangrove Coast Fly Fishers
- A Master Certified Casting Instructor of International Fed. Fly Fishers
- Past-President of the Florida Council IFFF
- Chairman of the Master’s test Committee - IFFF
- Member IFFF Guides Association
- Member IFFF Casting Board of Governors – Exec. Committee
- Chairman Budget & Finance Committee- IFFF CBOG